FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Camp Knickerbocker is seeing substancial updates to the program, staff, and facilities:
- Camp Leadership: Coming back for their second summer as leadership staff are Erin Gray, Camp K Director, and Lindsey Senecal, Assistant Director. Erin and Lindsey have been a team over at the Boothbay Region YMCA in the aquatics department for the past 3 years and also run the Y's after-school Fit Kids program together. Erin and Lindsey met almost 10 years ago working at a summer camp in Bridgton, ME and have been friends and co-workers ever since!
- Day Camp: Our traditional day camp program is called the "Pathway Program" which will allow our campers to choose activities that they are interested in. Each session (week), campers will choose 4 of our many daily activities that they will attend and work toward completing levels within those programs. Each program will have 3 different levels, keeping campers busy for the entire summer without repeating a skill, unless they need to work on it more.
- CampDoc Online: CampDoc is a secure online network that will allow families to complete all health forms, waivers, and choose activities for the Pathway Program ahead of time, if their camper is signed up for that program. If a camper's CampDoc profile is incomplete upon check-in of their session, they will not be permitted onsite until their profile is complete. In order to keep our campers safe, we insist that all medical forms, emergency contact forms and pick-up authroizations are completed upon check-in.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
HOW DO I REGISTER?
WHAT SHOULD I PACK?
Different camps might require different equipment, but here's a safe list to go by for most programs:
- Water bottle
- Closed-toe shoes
- Bathing Suit
- Additional sports equipment for sports camp (cleats, helmets, etc.)
DO I NEED TO PACK A LUNCH?
Lunches are provided at no additional cost by Healthy Lincoln County each day. If your child has dietary restrictions and you would like to send them to camp with a lunch, feel free to do so; however, please be aware that there will be no refrigerator or microwave available for use.
WHAT IF MY CHILD IS SICK?
Please keep your child home if they are running a fever, are fighting off a cold, or have been physically sick 6 hours prior to the beginning of the day. We don't want to spread germs, and we would rather you keep your child home rather than us calling for you to pick them up from camp.
WHAT IF I NEED TO / WANT TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE OUR SESSION?
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- A $25 change fee will be applied for any change to an existing registration. This fee applies to cancelations, changes in weeks, camps, or campers. The balance is due at the time of the change.
- A full refund minus the $25 change fee will be given provided the cancelation is at least one week prior to the camp sessions date.
- No refund will be made if the cancelation is any later than the one week prior to your camp session.
WHERE DO I PICK UP/DROP OFF MY CHILD?
Our Camp Guide has pick-up/drop-off locations for each camp, but here's a general idea of where/when you can pick-up/drop-off your camper:
- If you are in Damariscotta, the drop-off destination is the CLC YMCA for any of their camp programs.
- The bus will take campers to Camp Knickerbocker if that is the program they are signed up for. The bus will also return your campers to the CLC YMCA around 4:00pm.
- If your child is signed up for a CLC Specialty Camp, they will remain at the CLC YMCA.
- If your child needs before/after care (7:30am-9am or 3:30pm-5pm), the pick-up and drop-off locations remain the same.
- If your camper is enrolled in Theatre Camps, Boothbay Sports or Boothbay Specialty camps, we will not be able to provide transportation this year due to COVID bussing restrictions.
- If you are in Boothbay, the pick-up/drop-off destination is Camp Knickerbocker, unless the program you have signed up for specifies otherwise.
- If you are enrolled in Theatre Camps, the pick-up/drop off destination will be the Boothbay Region YMCA Annex, unless your child is enrolled in before/after care.
WHAT IF I NEED BEFORE CARE AND AFTER CARE?
We are all about supporting working families in our community. We understand that your child might need to be dropped off early or picked up later than the day camp schedule. Before care will begin as early as 7:30am each weekday, and extended after care will end at 5pm each weekday.
HOW CAN I LEARN ABOUT & REPORT RED FLAG BEHAVIORS?
Click Here to read a one-pager on abuse and bullying prevention. If you have concerns about the behavior of children or staff who work with your child, please reach out to Erin Gray, firstname.lastname@example.org.