DOLPHIN SWIM TEAM
The Boothbay Region YMCA Dolphins Swim Team is coached through a philosophy focusing primarily on personal development. We guide each swimmer to reach their full potential and to help them build strong minds and bodies through quality instruction and competition.
Practices start in October and the swim season extends through March. Youth must be 6 years of age by December 1, and must be members of the Boothbay Region YMCA or the CLC YMCA (CLC members receive the member rate).
- Swimmers must be able to comfortably swim 25 yards freestyle, 25 yards backstroke and tread water for at least 2 minutes at the beginning of the season.
- The Dolphin Swim Team is a competitive YMCA age group swim team and participates in the YMCA Swimming League.
- We are always looking for new swimmers to join the sport as well as experienced and competitive swimmers who are looking for a fun, team environment.
- Younger and Beginner swimmers will learn the basics of competitive swimming, all four competitive strokes and starts and turns.
- Intermediate and Advanced swimmers will focus on stroke technique training sets as well as starts and turns to improve their swimming.
- Financial Assistance is available