A Greater Impact Capital Campaign
This is the fifth year of the Y’s A Greater Impact Campaign. The Y is grateful to the donors to date who have made investments to renovate the main facility, including the field house, increase the endowment, and enhance Camp Knickerbocker.
The final phase of the capital campaign includes critical renovations to support working families and children through improvements to the Harbor Montessori School and Child Enrichment Center and McEvoy Lodge at Camp K. The goal is to refresh spaces that will match the excellent child care and summer camp programs that are so vital in meeting our community’s needs.
A generous anonymous couple will match ALL new gifts and pledges to the capital campaign, up to $2 million. Gifts and pledges of any size qualify for the match.
The 2023 Annual Fund is separate from the capital campaign and is essential to providing services to the community year-round. We are asking donors to consider 5-year pledges to both the Annual Fund and the Capital Campaign this year.
This is a great time to jump in, make an impact, and support children and working families in the Boothbay region community!
THE HARBOR MONTESSORI SCHOOL AND CHILD ENRICHMENT CENTER
This is an architectural rendering for the Harbor Montessori School and Child Enrichment Center which houses essential childcare for working families. The current estimate for renovations to expand and refresh this facility is $2.5 million.
MCEVOY LODGE AT CAMP KNICKERBOCKER
McEvoy Lodge at Camp Knickerbocker is used year-round for after-school care and for summer camp. The current estimate for renovations to McEvoy Lodge is $1 million.
FACTS AND FIGURES
1. The working goal for the capital campaign is $14.5 million and to date, $12.1 million has been raised since 2018 in gifts and pledges. The remaining amount to raise in gifts and pledges in order to complete the renovations is $2.3 million, hopefully by December 31, 2023.
2. An anonymous couple has offered a 1:1 match for all gifts and pledges from August 24, 2022, up to $2 million. To date, there is $126,287 to go to release those matching funds.
3. The Y’s endowment currently stands at $6 million and supports the Y’s mission in perpetuity. Annually, 5% is drawn from the board-designated endowment and those funds are used to supplement the Y’s budget. Donors of outright gifts to the endowment or those who include the Y in their estate plans are members of the Y’s Legacy Circle and will be recognized prominently at the Y. These gifts will also be matched and will be included in the Campaign totals.
4. Pledges to the Annual Fund and the Capital Campaign can be made now, will qualify for the match, and will enable the Y to move forward with renovations. Pledges can be paid out over a period of five years.
5. All gifts and pledges to the capital campaign will be recognized on the donor wall in the Lobby of the Y. Gifts can be made in memory or in honor of loved ones. Gifts made to the Annual Fund will be recognized in the Annual Report.
6. There are a number of naming opportunities available to honor your family or a loved one.
HOW TO INVEST IN THE Y’s MISSION:
Speak with any member of the Fund Development Committee (see below)
Give online at www.boothbayregionymca.org/donate
Complete a pledge form
Call the Development Office at (207) 655-2855 x290
FUND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Andy Hamblett, Chief Executive Officer
Bruce Harris, Board President
Charlie Britton, A Greater Impact Capital Campaign Chair
Allyson Goodwin, Director of Development
Hannah Hills, 2023 Annual Fund Co-Chair