DOLPHIN SWIM TEAM
The Boothbay Region YMCA Dolphins Swim Team is coached through a philsophy of providing a safe, fun learning environment where swimmers of varying ages, abilities and goals can succeed and thrive in and out of the pool. Promoting lifelong learning, fitness and sportsmanship will be stressed. Participants must be 6 years old by December 1, up to age 21. Swimmers must be members of the Boothbay Region YMCA or the CLC YMCA (CLC members receive the member rate).
- Swimmers must be able to comfortably swim 25 yards freestyle, 25 yards backstroke and tread water for at least 2 minutes at the beginning of the season.
- Swimmers are required to attend at least 3 YMCA Swim Meets and the YMCA Maine State Championship Meet in early March (each swimmer swims only one of the 3 days based on their age).
- Financial Assistance is available.
- Week of October 15 is free for any child who would like to attend practices to see if swim team is the right fit for them.
- To register, stop by the Boothbay Region YMCA Welcome Center, or visit our registration page here.
Each swimmer will be assigned the proper group and schedule by the coaching staff.
Swimmers 10 & under: Family, $300 * Youth Member, $350
Swimmers 11+: Family, $350 * Youth Members, $400
Swimmers on High School Swim Teams: $150
GROUP 1 (Entry Level Group)
Mentor practices Friday 4-5pm.
For swimmers who are new to competitive swimming.
This group consists primarily of 8 year old and younger swimmers new to swim team, flexing up to 12 years old. We will work on learning the basics of the competitive swim strokes, developing sportsmanship, the Y core values, and having fun!
GROUP 2 (Generally aged 9-12 years)
Mentor practices Friday 4-5pm
In the group, our main focus is youth development as athletes and members of our community 9-12 years old. We will work on developing every athlete's swimming capacity, swimming technique, and exercise their ability to demonstrate the Y's core values.
SWIMMERS AGED 9-10 ARE ENCOURAGED TO MAKE 3 PRACTICES PER WEEK TO PUT THEMSELVES IN THE BEST POSITION TO IMPROVE, AND 11-12 AGED SWIMMERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND 4-5 TIMES PER WEEK.
GROUP 3 (generally aged 13+ with a competitive swimming background)
Seen as leaders of our team, every athlete in this group will be provided with opportunities to develop their social responsibility on the team and gain habits from their commitment to swimming that will help them for the rest of their lives!