MEMBERSHIP MEANS MORE
More than just a gym, a pool, or a place for fitness, YMCA members experience a sense of belonging that can't be found anywhere else!
- Nationwide YMCA access
- 3 FREE Water Aerobics Classes per week
- 25 FREE Group Exercise Classes
- FREE Fitness Orientation
- Special program rates for Family Members
- No contracts
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your "home" YMCA (your home location is the facility that enrolled you as a member and that collects your membership dues).
We value your membership with one of our partnering Ys and want you to continue to enjoy our facilities here in the Boothbay Region. Having the ability to enjoy our facilities without having to secure a membership (as a visitor) here is one of the many benefits afforded to us as part of the Nationwide Membership Reciprocating Program through the Y-USA.
Having said that, the Nationwide Membership does limit a reciprocating member’s use of another Y if that member still uses their home Y at least 50% of the time. That limitation is set at 28 days since their first visit at the away Y. Thereafter, the visiting member must purchase a membership at the visiting Y for future use.
What you Need to Know
- The Boothbay Region Y is following all NWM guidelines and will restrict visitation of reciprocating members to a total of 28 days from your initial visit beginning January 1, 2023.
- Valid for active, full-facility YMCA members.
- YMCA Members from other Y's will not receive special rates for programming or summer camp.
- Nationwide Member visitors can not exceed 28 days from the first check-in during a calendar year.
- YMCA visitors from away who have a discounted membership (Silver Sneakers, AAA, Racquet Club Memberships, United Health Care, special membership) are not eligible to use the Nationwide program. If you have a membership that is discounted through an insurance program you will be required to purchase a membership at the Boothbay Region YMCA.
- Make sure the Y offers the services and amenities you plan to use
- Bring a photo ID with you for your first visit
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting another Y location
- If you have more questions, download this "Know Before You Go" resource
MISSION FOCUSED PROGRAMS*:
- YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
- Rocky Steady for Boxing Program - Fighting Parkinson's Disease
- Enhance Fitness
- Cross-Trainers, Treadmills, Bikes
- Free Weight Room
- Cybex Strength Equipment
- Stretching Area
- Punching Bag and Speed Bag
- Cycling Studio
- Three Aerobics Studios
- Indoor Lap Pool (25 yards)
- Indoor Therapy Pool
- Sauna on the Pool Deck
- Basketball Courts
- Two Racquetball/Squash Courts
- Indoor Track (1/8 mile)
- Two Indoor Tennis Court
- Eight Indoor Pickleball Court
- Aerobic Fitness Classes (25 classes a week)
- Personal Training
- Child Enrichment (6 weeks to 3 years)
- Harbor Montessori (3-6 years)
- Fit Kids After school Program (K-5th grade)
- Youth and Teen
- High School Initiative
- Water Aerobic Classes (3+ classes per week)
- Adult and Youth Swim Lessons
- Private Swim Lessons (Children and Adults)
- Youth Swim Team (October-March)
- Lifeguard Certification Courses
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification Courses
- Youth and Adult Tennis
- Pickleball Instruction (October-May)
- Pre-School and Youth Sports
- Music Theatre, Art, and Dance Classes